HOW MINDFULNESS CAN BENEFIT YOUR ORGANISATION
Many of the great brands and successful organisations we work with have implemented mindfulness into their workplace, reporting significant benefits for their businesses and employees. The application of simple techniques can make for a more productive workplace.
The personal benefits for employees when practicing mindfulness are wide-ranging. These include:
- Increased energy levels.
- Improved happiness, and a sense of calm.
- Improved relationship building.
- Better quality sleep.
- Lower blood pressure and healthy immune system.
- Improved resilience to pressure.
- Helps you become skilled at listening and following your instincts.
- Helps you make decisions that serve you.
- Improves problem solving and creativity.
- Reduces negative emotions, stress, anxiety, fear and anger.
- Makes you more successful in work.
For companies, this translates to a healthier, happier, more energised and engaged workforce resulting in greater performance and productivity. So how can you and your company make mindfulness a habit in the workplace?
There are many elements involved in practicing mindfulness throughout your life. However, there are two essential habits that make up most of your success with mindfulness.
Two essential mindfulness habits for your health, energy, resilience and performance:
1. Do one thing at a time and give it your 100% focus.
2. Have your full awareness in this moment so you can make decisions that serve you. Your decisions will then turn into your habits and your habits are the key driver for your health, energy and resilience.
Focus on practicing these two habits and you will start to see and feel many of the benefits listed above.